Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Little of This A Little of That


Hi Everyone I am so new at this but hopefully I will get thru as I am computer illerate but love to scrapbook and see new ideas so whether you like it or not here I am world and you will just have to put up with my blunders. Some time ago I had drawers of scraps and nowhere to put anything and started thinking as sometimes I do that and came up with what I thought was a wonderful idea. All of us have egos so I naturally wanted to take my pages with me to show off but wanted them also in an album so-----I made a small page that is of my parents when they were very young and it is 5 1/2 " wide and 8" long. And my challenge was to get as many pictures on that small piece of paper as possible. Started with my scraps and of course pictures and always embellishments . I put a pocket at the top to one side of the page and then a 3 x 5 picture of my parents at the bottom of the page on the opposite corner but overlaping the pocket. Then I cut out 3 tags 3 x 5 and put pictures also of my parents on both sides. I then cut out another smaller tag different than the first 3 with pictures on both sides. Nine pictures total which isn't bad for a very small page. I then grabed a black 12 x 12, took another scrap piece that matched the small page, glued it to one side, mounted another picture of my parents, added the large initials E E and took silver colored lettering and on each large initial I finished out their names which is Earl & Elsie just in case anyone really cares. Simple, easy and you get rid of the scraps. I have several of these pages finished and will put more on later.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

welcome to blog world mom. Your first post is great. Love it.